Fall Social Media Challenge
What do you like most about being an MFM member? Now is your chance to let us—and your colleagues—know! We challenge you to spread the word about MFM to your networks!
Every public post* you make using #mfmmediafinance puts you one step closer to
winning a prize, and bragging rights, of course!
How it works:
Post publicly* about MFM three times or more on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, using the hashtag #mfmmediafinance. Or, share or comment on posts from MFM’s official social media pages that contain the hashtag #mfmmediafinance. See below for official rules.
The challenge ends January 22, 2018.
The 5 top participants with at least three posts, shares or comments between today and January 22, 2018, will be announced in the MFM eLetter following the conclusion of the challenge, and will receive a $25 gift card of their choosing from a list of restaurants!
Good luck and happy posting!
Twitter: My favorite part of being an MFM member is catching up with my colleagues in the industry. #mfmmediafinance @mediafinance
Facebook: I learned so much—and had a lot of fun—at MFF 2017! I can’t wait for MFF 2018 in Washington, DC! #mfmmediafinance #mfmfinancefocus @MFM Media Financial Management Association
LinkedIn: @Media Financial Management Association is my go-to resource for industry education and networking! #mfmmediafinance
Instagram: I’m attending Media Finance Focus in DC. Will I see you there? #mfmmediafinance @mediafinance
MFM connects me with peers that I can turn to when faced with a finance challenge.
Downloadable graphics (right click on the image to save):
Tip: To ensure that your post is visible to MFM and eligible for the Challenge, tag MFM pages in your posts. For example, on Facebook, include “@MFM Media Financial Management Association” in your post.
1. Eligibility: This Challenge is open only to MFM members who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Challenge is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of MFM, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. The Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of MFM as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Challenge.
3. Challenge Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 1, 2017, at 8:00 AM CST and ending September 30, 2017, at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be posted by January 22, 2018, at 11:59 PM CST.
4. How to Enter: The Challenge must be entered by submitting a public post on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #mfmmediafinance; or, by sharing or commenting on a post from MFM’s official LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook pages containing the hashtag #mfmmediafinance. The entry must fulfill all Challenge requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete, inappropriate or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of MFM.
5. Prizes: Each Winner of the Challenge (the “Winner”) will receive a $25 gift card to a restaurant of Winner’s choosing. Gift cards will be chosen from the following options: Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants; Darden Restaurants; Landry’s Inc.; Chipotle Mexican Grill; Chili’s Grill & Bar; and Panera Bread. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by MFM. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at MFM’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for MFM to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by a search on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram and a tally of relevant posts, shares, and comments per user under the supervision of MFM. Winners will be notified by MFM via email by October 3, 2017. MFM shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Challenge is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT MFM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that MFM, anyone acting on behalf of MFM, and MFM’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Challenge, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
8. Terms & Conditions: MFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond MFM’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Challenge. In such case, MFM may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by MFM. MFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. MFM has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Challenge, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, MFM reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless MFM and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Challenge and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Challenge IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Challenge, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Challenge). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Media Financial Management Association, 550 W Frontage Road, Suite 3600, Northfield, IL 60093 USA. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2017, at 11:59 PM CST.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Challenge is Media Financial Management Association, 550 W Frontage Road, Suite 3600, Northfield, IL 60093 USA.
13. Facebook: The Challenge hosted by MFM is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. By participating in the Challenge, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.