1. Eligibility: This Challenge is open only to MFM members and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Challenge is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of MFM, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. The Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of MFM as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Challenge.
3. Challenge Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 1, 2017, at 8:00 PM CST and ending January 22, 2018, at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by May 12, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST.
4. How to Enter: The Challenge must be entered by submitting a public post on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using the hashtags #mfmmediafinance or #mfmfinancefocus. The entry must fulfill all Challenge requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete, inappropriate or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of MFM.
5. Prizes: Each Winner of the Challenge (the “Winner”) will receive a $25 credit to the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Credits can be used at any Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress restaurant outlet or towards room charges at the hotel. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by MFM. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at MFM’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for MFM to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by a search on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram and a tally of relevant posts per user under the supervision of MFM. Winners will be notified by MFM post on Twitter and in person during the Media Finance Focus opening session on May 22, 2017. MFM shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Challenge is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT MFM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that MFM, anyone acting on behalf of MFM, and MFM’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Challenge, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
8. Terms & Conditions: MFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond MFM’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Challenge. In such case, MFM may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by MFM. MFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. MFM has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Challenge, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, MFM reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless MFM and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Challenge and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Challenge IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Challenge, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Challenge). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Media Financial Management Association, 550 W Frontage Road, Suite 3600, Northfield, IL 60093 USA. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Challenge is MFM, 550 W Frontage Road, Suite 3600, Northfield, IL 60093 USA.
13. Facebook: The Challenge hosted by MFM is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. By participating in the Challenge, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.